Saturday 24 September 2016

YOUR SPOUSE....and their friends of the opposite sex.

Before we got married, we had friends…even of the opposite sex.  What happens to those friends of the opposite sex after we get married? Do we tell our spouse about them ALL? Is this important? Will there be consequences if we don’t mention them all?
I recently got talking with a friend (opposite sex) of mine and we had this conversation. He wanted to know how it affects a female if she finds out about female friends of her spouse she did not know about and he wondered if every guy thought it was compulsory for them to know of all their spouse’s male friends. Ok, I truly do not know because I happen to have loads of acquaintances….maybe not necessarily friends, who are guys and my spouse do not know of. This is not because I kept it a secret but we just have not gisted to that side. The ones he knows about was not because I felt I MUST inform him but we have gisted to that side. I do not feel the need to know of all his female friends either.
My usual style, I took a survey for this. More people thought it was not compulsory to know of their spouse’s friends of the opposite sex. More of these people, actually have friends of the opposite sex who their spouse do not know about. What weird me out and actually cracked me up was that we have more females who, even though have male friends their spouse do not know of, believing the HAVE to know of all their spouse’s female friends! Loool. My breed though! I just love us. Only one guy held this view.

Do you suddenly hear an alarm in your head whenever you discover an opposite sex friend of your spouse? Is there a reason you would want to know of all of them? I would love to read from you. Do share your views with other readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I personally am all for ignorance is bliss! That said I suspose it does depend what kind of friends we're talking about - work friends, old school friends, new hang out after work friends, business partner friend etc. It really depends on the context then we'd review the situation, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally women are more curious when it comes to issues like this. As a man, I do have some female friends that my spouse is not aware of unless I talk about them for whatever reason. Likewise, I don't have to know all her friends male or female. "What is it that I misplaced that I'm looking for?"

    ReplyDelete